To share a Printer
1. First login to your windows XP with administrative right.
2. Click Start and Go to Control Panel
3. Click Printers and other hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes. (From category view)
4. In the Printers and Faxes folder, right click on the installed printer and choose Sharing. See below picture
Note : Make sure you've enabled File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks on network card's properties. See below picture
That's it. The printer will immediately available for the other computers to use over the network.
To connect to the printer
From the desired computer to use the printer over a network follow this
1. Click start and go to control panel
2. Click Printers and other hardware, then click Add a Printer.(In category view)
3. A wizard will open, Click Next. See below picture
4. From here choose "A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer" and click Next. See below picture
5. In Next step you will get three options to connect to share printer. Choose the appropriate option and finish the wizard. See below picture
Now you are ready to use remote printer to do your job.